Blazblue Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite childhood anime

+5
Zero
Yachiru
SetsunaFSeiei
Saji Crossroad
Lightning Count
9 posters

Go down

Your favorite childhood anime Empty Your favorite childhood anime

Post  Lightning Count Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Let's start off things with a bang, shall we? I guess my favorite childood (and for all time) anime would have to be Gundam Wing. For as long as I can remember, Gundam Wing has been like the one to start my addiction for anime, followed by many others as the years pass. I remember me and my friends used to pretend being gundams and shooting each other.

But enough about me, let's start walking down memory lane everyone, and please keep the DBZ stuff to a minimum. I know it's awesome, but there's plenty of good anime out there too.

Last edited by Lightning Count on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspell)
Lightning Count
Lightning Count

Back to top Go down

Your favorite childhood anime Empty Re: Your favorite childhood anime

Post  Saji Crossroad Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:45 am

Man ive go way to many to be perfectly honest. If i had to name one it would probably be the original Zoids or cardcaptors. Granted at the time i didnt know they were anime but that didnt stop me from running home from school to watch the new episode. My first "adult" anime on the other hand was Yu Yu Hakusho, that show kicks so much ass.
Saji Crossroad
Saji Crossroad
Admin

https://bbrebellion.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SetsunaFSeiei Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:31 am

The First General Anime series i watched was Sailor Moon, I was 5 years old and i sat down and started watching it with my mom, i liked the artwork from it and the story ... and the girls

The First Non-Mainstream series was Full Metal Panic, my friend brought over some DVD's ... and today i ended up buying the box sets since its such a good series (Season 3 was annouced to possibly come out)

The First Japanese Audio i watched were the first few episodes of Dragonball: GT , my friend in middle school let me borrow VHS of it ... iunno how he got it xD

Lastly, the First Anime i watched ... with the knowledge of knowing its anime ... sadly is Naruto, thats when i learned about anime and japanese subtitles
SetsunaFSeiei
SetsunaFSeiei
Admin

Location : This Distorted World Where Everything is Twisted ...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=108170

Back to top Go down

Post  Saji Crossroad Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:06 pm

SetsunaFSeiei wrote:The First General Anime series i watched was Sailor Moon, I was 5 years old and i sat down and started watching it with my mom, i liked the artwork from it and the story ... and the girls

The First Non-Mainstream series was Full Metal Panic, my friend brought over some DVD's ... and today i ended up buying the box sets since its such a good series (Season 3 was annouced to possibly come out)

The First Japanese Audio i watched were the first few episodes of Dragonball: GT , my friend in middle school let me borrow VHS of it ... iunno how he got it xD

Lastly, the First Anime i watched ... with the knowledge of knowing its anime ... sadly is Naruto, thats when i learned about anime and japanese subtitles
Wekk if you get THAT specific

Sailor Moon was such a guilty pleasure for me growing up.

Didnt really watch much non main-stream stuff till TTGL and im branching out now. As far as manga goes I used to read a series called Iron Wok Jan that was real good. Also please link the FMP season 3 link X3

First japanese audio was Bleach and that was such an exciting moment lol.

First real anime I watched was Yu Yu and iv loved it ever since.
Saji Crossroad
Saji Crossroad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yachiru Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Answering the general question, It would probably be the original series of Pokemon XD Like the one with Ash Misty and Brock lol
I remember when I was little I would always wake up at 6 AM just because the new episode of Pokemon would come on. I think I stopped watching it after the original ended and it started something else, I don't remember what anymore lol

I'll try to be pricise like the rest of you too lol
First General anime would probably be Pokemon, or could have been a YuGiOh episode. I don't remember anything from that show other than there was a dude named Seto Kaiba, cards, and something called a blue eyed white dragon or something like that XD I didn't watch much of it

First non-mainsteam would probably be Shinigami No Ballad, which I watched a few months ago. If there was anything before that, I can't remember it.

First time I heard Japanese audio was Bleach. I switched shortly to Japanese audio, and I was glad I did and learned about subtitles lol. I am trying to teaach myself Japanese, so one day I hope there will be a "First raw anime" lol

First anime of knowledge it was an anime... I couldn't answer that one. I honestly don't have any idea on when I learned about anime, so I couldn't guess on this one.

and since "First adult anime" was brought up, I can't really answer that one either. I am not really sure if I show I have seen would count as an "adult" anime, so I can't give an honest answer.
Yachiru
Yachiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Sailor Moon and Voltron were the two animes that got me into anime in the first place. i only mildly liked Sailor Moon though, and Voltron didn't really interest me. i liked Dragonball Z though, and Gundam Wing Smile
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenma Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:35 pm

I just remember i use to watch an anime called in spanish "Los Super Campiones" is about soccer
Tenma
Tenma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shana Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 pm

There's so many old childhood animes that I have seen. The first one would be Sailor Moon, of course. Everyone surely have seen it from its many seasons and art. At least the story was decent and nice to begin with. The second one would be Cardcaptors Sakura, I adore that anime as I watch more of it than Sailor Moon. Last, but not least Gundam Wing. Heero and Duo make an awesome partners.
:3
Shana
Shana

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?us

Back to top Go down

Post  nymph_gal Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:46 pm

I think my childhood anime would be cardcaptor sakura and gundam...
there are others but I really can't remember the titles...But I really do love to watch animes..
I'm really excited to go home just to watch my favorite animes..
And if I skipped episodes, I really feel depressed and wanted to cry... lol!

Now, I'm still into animesand will ever be...
Very Happy
nymph_gal
nymph_gal

http://www.dressup.me/

Back to top Go down

Post  Prism Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:55 pm

SetsunaFSeiei wrote:The First General Anime series i watched was Sailor Moon, I was 5 years old and i sat down and started watching it with my mom, i liked the artwork from it and the story ... and the girls

Same here as far as the knowledge of knowing it's an anime..... Naruto was alright (not great) until it hit the states since now you have 8 year olds screaming ZOMG BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE IT.... Manga ftw

Sailor Moon and Zoids was my first if I think about it.

Favorite childhood anime was probably .Hack// (never had much of a chance to watch Gundam Sad)

Current favorite would be Rozen Maiden followed by Soul Eater
Prism
Prism

Back to top Go down

Post  Saji Crossroad Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Prism wrote:

Same here as far as the knowledge of knowing it's an anime..... Naruto was alright (not great) until it hit the states since now you have 8 year olds screaming ZOMG BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE IT.... Manga ftw

Favorite childhood anime was probably .Hack// (never had much of a chance to watch Gundam Sad)

I never really got into .hack but i do remember loving basically loving everything on toonami in its prime. Though as for why i didnt like the . hack anime it was just like you miss an ep youre completely lost. On the other hand though I absolutely love the games
Saji Crossroad
Saji Crossroad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prism Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Saji Crossroad wrote:
Prism wrote:

I never really got into .hack but i do remember loving basically loving everything on toonami in its prime. Though as for why i didnt like the . hack anime it was just like you miss an ep youre completely lost. On the other hand though I absolutely love the games

Yea that was aggravating about .hack, but I fully watched .hack//Legend of the Twilight and it was really enjoyable lol but I never played the games Sad
Prism
Prism

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:02 pm

.Hack//SIGN was pretty cool and the music was great, but i missed a lot of episodes and lost interest. never checked out any of the others. i beat the first game of the 4 part series on the PS2 and that was really neat, i own Pt 2 and 3 but doubt i'll get around to them anytime soon, still searching for Pt4

i have no clue why no one has jumped on the chance to make a .Hack MMO. it would make such a good MMO and pretty much all of the groundwork has been done already using the animes and PS2 games lol
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  SetsunaFSeiei Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:28 pm

nymph_gal wrote:I think my childhood anime would be cardcaptor sakura and gundam...
there are others but I really can't remember the titles...But I really do love to watch animes..
I'm really excited to go home just to watch my favorite animes..
And if I skipped episodes, I really feel depressed and wanted to cry... lol!

Now, I'm still into animesand will ever be...
Very Happy

Gladly theirs youtube and anime streaming sites for when you do miss your episodes :]
SetsunaFSeiei
SetsunaFSeiei
Admin

Location : This Distorted World Where Everything is Twisted ...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=108170

Back to top Go down

Post  nymph_gal Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 pm

I would agree to that..
lol!
nymph_gal
nymph_gal

http://www.dressup.me/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content