Favorit Opening and Closing

Go down

Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Saji Crossroad on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:54 pm

This is every Otakus mot asked, and most feared question. After all, how is it possible to narrow down the hundreds of openings and closings youve seen down to 1? Well after much consideration I dare to finally answer this question. Granted I will probably be proven horribly wrong by the fact that I had forgotten a series. So if youv've got what it takes to answer then go for it.

Also dont post multiple ops and closings cause itll stretch out the page and everyone will know youre a little prick that can't make up their mind Razz

Opening:
Air Gear Op 1
Song-Chain
Artist-Back-On

This was the hardest choice for me simply because there are other ops that have either a better song or graphics imo. The thing is though no matter how many time I listen to this song it always gets me pumped and relaxed at the same time. It doesnt hurt either that Air Gear is a kickass series though a bit confusing. Oh also if youve only seen the anime make sure to go read the manga cause the anime ends JUST as its about to get good( funny how that always happens).

Closing
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Closing 3
Song-Minna no Peace
Artist-Afromania


No contest here for me I absolutely love this closing, it just fits so perfectly. Granted neither the song or art are great by themselves but it just works so great together. I actually almost cried when I saw this again after having watched the whole series. The tone of the song just fits the series so well with each tempo change showing both the happy and depressing parts of the series. That combined with that almost solitary image of Simon walking through his life and reliving all the stuff hes been through just really made me tear up and was actually able to raise my spirits after such a sad(?) ending. This is better than some OP I have seen and rightfully deserves its place.
avatar
Saji Crossroad
Admin

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 26
Location : Space

View user profile http://bbrebellion.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Prism on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:06 am

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.................................


Ok, I have always been torn between 2 series on my favorite opening, but I'll have to go with Soul Eater's Resonance for the same reasons as Air Gear's opening for you ;P


Yet again, I'm going to have to say the same reason as you for the ending. It brought me to tears once Code Geass finished, and thats Mozaiku Kakera. The still images along with it just going through memorable times was absolutely amazing imo, it really fit.


Oh, and my life was ruined when I found out that Akito was a guy........................ He seems so feminine the way they draw him........ Sad
avatar
Prism

Posts : 257
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Saji Crossroad on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 am

soul eaters awesome and granted i forgot about it but i still prefer AG. Also whyd you say FU lol
avatar
Saji Crossroad
Admin

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 26
Location : Space

View user profile http://bbrebellion.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Prism on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:20 am

Saji Crossroad wrote:soul eaters awesome and granted i forgot about it but i still prefer AG. Also whyd you say FU lol

Didn't want to say F!#@ lol..... Mostly because this question is hell in terms of openings for me, Air Gear's as well as Darker than Blacks are up their too, same with Ikki Tousen
avatar
Prism

Posts : 257
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Saji Crossroad on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Prism wrote:
Saji Crossroad wrote:soul eaters awesome and granted i forgot about it but i still prefer AG. Also whyd you say FU lol

Didn't want to say F!#@ lol..... Mostly because this question is hell in terms of openings for me, Air Gear's as well as Darker than Blacks are up their too, same with Ikki Tousen
Which one for DtB thers like three lol, and i cant watch ikkitousen for various reasons.
avatar
Saji Crossroad
Admin

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 26
Location : Space

View user profile http://bbrebellion.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Prism on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Saji Crossroad wrote:
Prism wrote:
Saji Crossroad wrote:soul eaters awesome and granted i forgot about it but i still prefer AG. Also whyd you say FU lol

Didn't want to say F!#@ lol..... Mostly because this question is hell in terms of openings for me, Air Gear's as well as Darker than Blacks are up their too, same with Ikki Tousen
Which one for DtB thers like three lol, and i cant watch ikkitousen for various reasons.

I understand the various reasons lol, I haven't watched it myself but I've seen the opening :/

Darker than Black's first opening is the one I remember and like since I watched it then started reading the manga xD
avatar
Prism

Posts : 257
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Zero on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 pm

i'm currently obsessed with Gundam SEED's 3rd Opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fclh4p-kvWk

"Believe" by Nami Tamaki

i'm also currently obsessed with the SEED series in general lol. so freaking awesome. Freedom Gundam owns you Very Happy
avatar
Zero

Posts : 258
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 28
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Lightning Count on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:29 pm

I'd have to say the second opening of Hajime No Ippo. When I hear this song playing, I know that I can make a comeback like Ippo, no matter what is thrown in my way. It also goes to show that even the best boxers and their pest punches can't stop Ippo once he taps into his fighting spirit, which I admire alot.

song:Inner Light by Shocking Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0zJeeqB6k

For my fave ending, i'd go with the first ending of gundam 00 s2. It shows the true ugliness of war and its nasty effects on the world and us humans, although we must walk forward to make the future a better place. Wow, that sounded so corny.

song: Prototype by Chiaki Ishikawa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1ES2spNtmo


Last edited by Lightning Count on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspell)
avatar
Lightning Count

Posts : 88
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Kraid's lair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Zero on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:30 pm

so....how do you put the Youtube vids on your post anyways? -_-

i tried using the Video button and click Youtube but it doesnt work lol
avatar
Zero

Posts : 258
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 28
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  SetsunaFSeiei on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 pm

I have sort of a tie in terms of openings



Gundam Seed Destiny
Opening 1
Pride by HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOR



Gundam 00

Opening 1
DAYBREAK'S BELL by L'Arc~en~Ciel

Yes i know theyre both Gundam openings but they both just appeal to me. The GSD opening just seems so hardcore and fit for a Gundam series such as Destiny because of all the action they go into, though the actual opening could use different scenes for once ... i still like it. Gundam 00's on the other hand is one of those openings that ill forget about ... but once i hear it again i HAVE to listen to the whole thing because it just sounds so amazing to me.

Ending Song is also a tie , im sorry but i cant make up my mind xD



Both of them are from Gundam 00



Ending 2 of Season 1
Friends by Stephanie



Ending 2 of Season 2
Trust You by Yuna Ito
6:36 - 8:05 (For some reason there isnt ANY videos of the actual ending from the anime so youll have to look through the end of this one)

But theyre both so beautiful in terms of visuals and audio , both of the singers voices just appeal to me so much its hard to choose between them >3

_________________


Anime List; Xbox Live Gamertag: AzureRevolver

avatar
SetsunaFSeiei
Admin

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : This Distorted World Where Everything is Twisted ...

View user profile http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=108170

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Prism on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Speaking of which, I got the opportunity to see the first 2 Gundam 00 openings...... I want to watch the series now O.O
avatar
Prism

Posts : 257
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  SetsunaFSeiei on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:21 am

I definately recommend watching it , granted though the first couple of eps maybe come off as boring considering it shows the backstory behind the characters and shows the characteristics more of each pilot so youll be surprised when certain events happen to them

_________________


Anime List; Xbox Live Gamertag: AzureRevolver

avatar
SetsunaFSeiei
Admin

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : This Distorted World Where Everything is Twisted ...

View user profile http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=108170

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Zero on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:26 pm

oh, and my current favorite ending is Gundam SEED Destiny's 3rd ending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL_I6Widt0

Song: I Wanna Go To A Place
Artist: Rie Fu

the way that they included pretty much every character from not only SEED Destiny, but the original SEED itself makes it very nostalgic. also the fact that they even included the characters that died gives the ending a very sad yet warm feeling because they are all together.

why did you have to go and die Mu La Flaga???!!!? WHYYYY?!?!? you left Marue alone you jerk Sad i shed a tear when he died. the way he went was very sad..... :/ "Didn't I tell you I can make the impossible, possible??" damn you Azrael, screw Blue Cosmos >_<
avatar
Zero

Posts : 258
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 28
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Zero on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Zero wrote:
why did you have to go and die Mu La Flaga???!!!? WHYYYY?!?!? you left Marue alone you jerk Sad i shed a tear when he died. the way he went was very sad..... :/ "Didn't I tell you I can make the impossible, possible??" damn you Azrael, screw Blue Cosmos >_<

ok i take that line back, at the time of writing that post, i was only halfway through SEED Destiny. he didn't really "die", but the "death" scene still saddened me and pissed me off lol
avatar
Zero

Posts : 258
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 28
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Prism on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 am

Zero wrote:
Zero wrote:
why did you have to go and die Mu La Flaga???!!!? WHYYYY?!?!? you left Marue alone you jerk Sad i shed a tear when he died. the way he went was very sad..... :/ "Didn't I tell you I can make the impossible, possible??" damn you Azrael, screw Blue Cosmos >_<

ok i take that line back, at the time of writing that post, i was only halfway through SEED Destiny. he didn't really "die", but the "death" scene still saddened me and pissed me off lol

failed spoiler attempt :3
avatar
Prism

Posts : 257
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorit Opening and Closing

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum